‘Beautiful skin requires commitment, not a miracle’.. Erno Laszlo.
Using a face mask as part of your regular skincare routine could be great for your skin. Face masks can help address specific skincare concerns (like dullness or oily skin, acne, aging)—plus, they can be a totally relaxing, spa-like experience. When something is off with your skin, a good face mask can put you back on the right track in a matter of minutes. There are a variety of face masks available in the market to address any skin type or issue. Some store-bought face masks can be bad for your skin because of the chemicals and the aggressive adhesive they use. The last thing you want to do in your quest for smoother, clear, and wrinkle-free skin is, do more damage. That’s where the homemade face masks come in. And one of the best ingredients to include in a homemade face mask is Oats.
Although oats do make for a delicious breakfast, it also has amazing benefits on your skin when introduced to your skincare regime. Oat is good for your skin for many reasons. From cleansers, face masks, and scrubs, there are oat recipes for nearly everything related to beauty care. Oats can be used in a variety of different ways by just mixing the few ingredients that are easily found in your kitchen cupboard and you can instantly see the difference!
I personally have been using homemade oats pack quite regularly. Honestly, I feel it’s simple, easy, affordable and my skin got so much better with its regular use. Also, it’s hypoallergenic, and even the people with the most sensitive skin can use it without a reaction. Oats possess antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties which is why they help exfoliate, cleanse, and moisturize the skin well.
Prepare Oats face mask combining different ingredients right from your kitchen:
The best way to save time and make it easy to use – Pour the rolled oats into your blender or food processor, and grind the oats until they form a coarse powder. Pour the ground oats into the small bowl and you can store the remaining in an airtight container for future use.
The mask that I’ve been using calls for just a few basic ingredients that most of us have in our kitchen and Of course… Ground oats – you are all set to have gorgeous skin. To reap the benefits of oatmeal, do an oatmeal facial mask two times a week. For those of you with sensitive skin and acne, adding honey helps manage breakouts while keeping your skin moisturized, and also honey is an anti-irritant. So, it’s all safe.
- Mix one tablespoon of oat flour with one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of milk. Mix it well and apply it to your face and neck. Leave it for 15 to 20 minuted and then rinse it with warm water. This natural oat mask will help your skin stay young, smooth, and glowy – best for sensitive skin.
- Mix one tablespoon of organic yogurt to one tablespoon of grounded oatmeal and also you can add a teaspoon of honey to it. Mix it well and apply onto your face and leave it for 15 minutes, and rinse off with warm water – rejuvenate and clean your pores deeply, suitable for oily or combination skin.
- Mix the juice from half a lemon, an egg white, and a tablespoon of oatmeal powder to make a smooth paste. Apply it to your face and neck. Let it sit 15–20 minutes. Wash off and pat it dry – best for acne-prone skin.
Benefits of oats on skin:
Oat is naturally rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and lipids.
- Oat absorbs excess oil, preventing it from clogging pores.
- Oat contains saponins, a cleansing agent, and works great as a cleanser
- It also exfoliates, helps remove dead skin cells to prevent acne or clog pores.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties and is perfect for most skin types, even the most sensitive skin
- It helps skin retain natural moisture.
- Oat can help treat acne, eczema, rosacea, and rashes.
- Oat can help relieve symptoms of aging skin.
- Oat contains powerful antioxidants that prevent skin damage and help skin retain firmness and elasticity.
- It is non-irritating and has low allergenic potential. It is suited for all skin types.
- It is inexpensive and readily available!
As you can see, oatmeal is an excellent ingredient for homemade face masks. It treats a number of skin issues and can make your face feeling healthy and radiant again. Have you guys tried using oats onto your skin? If not, just give it a try… And believe me, it’s worth trying. Also, let me know your views regarding this post in the comment section below.
Stay happy and healthy.
19 thoughts on “Benefits Of DIY Oats Face Mask.”
This was really great blog. Thank you For Sharing such a great information.
Visit : https://www.soultatva.com/product/buy-online-organic-raw-chia-seeds
This was worth a read. I am going to try out this amazing DIY with True Elements Rolled Oats.
Cool tips, thank you
Great beauty advice… thanks for sharing
I do love homemade face masks, they really are wonderful for the skin. Thanks for sharing hun x
I haven’t tried an oats face mask before but it sure sounds interesting. I heard that oats are good for irritated skin, so I bet it’s quite soothing and gentle. Will definitely have to try! ❤
I need to try this!
Ohhh yes.. you gonna love ❤
I love oats for their calming effects on the skin. Great when skin is overwhelmed with too many products. Thanks for the info!
You are right.. and it’s great for all skin types..thanks for visiting my blog..means a lot..
Thanks for the like hope you follow me and should I get them out on the bus
Love making my own everything … I make my own coconut and castor oil hair mask, my own salt and sugar face scrubs and this sounds great too, and I also prefer to cook from scratch so that I know what I’m getting as you can never be too careful … thank you for sharing!!
That’s so amazing.. I do coconut and castor oil hair mask once a week..it does work great .. it feels good when we do things from scratch and it turns out good..
Thank you so much for sharing this. I could never imagine that Oats can be used as face mask too. Will definitely try
Thanks dear.. I would love to know your feedback after using oats face mask